Pentland Plants garden centre is on the A701 just along the road from Ikea. We have an extensive outdoor plant area over half of which is home grown on our own nursery next door to the retail shop.
We cater for all your gardening needs from pots and compost to garden care and tools. We have a lovely gift shop full of ideas for all your family and friends including ladies clothing and accessories, greetings cards, toiletries, Scottish gifts, toys and homewares.
Café Panola has 120 indoor and 30 outdoor seats and offers excellent homemade meals and cakes as well as barista made Brodies speciality coffees and teas. The cafe and shop can be very busy at certain times of the year so we recommend visiting first thing or later in the day if you would like a little peace and quiet to eat or shop.
We are fully accessible for wheelchair users and can cater for anyone with other specific access requirements.
Coming from Edinburgh or off the city bypass:
Come off at the Straiton junction and follow the signs for Penicuik. You will go past Ikea then you will see a large Nissan garage on the left at the traffic lights. We are opposite the garage on the right side of the road.
Coming from Penicuik/South of Edinburgh:
We are on the A701 we are through Bilston and just after the housing estate on the left.
Click on your chosen method of travel to learn more:
- Free parking is available directly outside the centre
- There are nearby petrol stations at Asda and Sainsbury’s
- You can get a wheelchair-accessible taxi with Aerial Taxis in Dalkeith 0131 297 1955
- Accessible taxis should be booked in advance. To access the attraction please ask to be dropped off at our front entrance.
- We are easily accessible by bicycle
- A bike rack is available for secure storage whilst you are in the centre