Plan your visit
Making the most of your visit to Pentland Plants
Monday – Saturday 9am – 5pm
Sunday 10am – 5pm
Cafe last orders 4.30pm.
May – June Open til 6pm weekdays
With free car parking, a coffee shop serving homemade food and much much more, why not visit us and see for yourself?
We are a family-run business located beneath the rolling Pentland Hills near Loanhead.
We are proud to be a long standing and independent garden centre, growing the highest quality plants for Scottish gardens.
During your visit you can expect to discover an enchanting garden centre bursting with everything you could possibly want for your garden. We have an extensive range of home grown bedding, basket, perennial and herbaceous plants, as well as shrubs, garden accessories, house plants, pots and containers.
We also have a gift area offering a large range of gifts, homeware, clothing and accessories all hand picked by Carolyn, as well as a pet corner bursting with toys, treats and dog food! At Christmas time the annex at Pentland Plants becomes a festive haven, stocking a beautiful collection of trees and quality decorations.
Good food and exciting events
Within Pentland Plants is the well-regarded Café Panola serving an inspiring home-cooked menu from locally sourced produce. Dishes are freshly prepared by our chefs on-site in the kitchen, and we have a delicious range of home baking and daily specials. ogs are very welcome at Pentland Plants and we have a designated seating area in our cafe and we also have a childrens menu available.
Throughout the year we host a range of seasonal events, from gardening workshops to kids craft activities and story time sessions. Keep an eye on our website for details!
There is so much to see and enjoy at Pentland Plants and we recommend you plan 1 – 2 hours for your visit.
We look forward to welcoming you to our garden centre and hope to see you soon!
Coming from Edinburgh or off the city bypass:
Come off at the Straiton junction and follow the signs for Penicuik. You will go past Ikea then you will see a large Nissan garage on the left at the traffic lights. We are opposite the garage on the right side of the road.
Coming from Penicuik/South of Edinburgh:
We are on the A701 we are through Bilston and just after the housing estate on the left.
Travelling by car
- Free parking is available directly outside the centre
- There are nearby petrol stations at Asda and Sainsbury’s
Travelling by bus
- The 37 and 47 buses come from the centre of town to Penicuik and take approximately 40 minutes to get to us. Coming from Penicuik we are 15 minutes away
- The X62 Borders bus comes from Peebles through Penicuik
- The 67, X37 and X47 routes also come to us
Travelling by taxi
- You can get a wheelchair-accessible taxi with Aerial Taxis in Dalkeith 0131 297 1955
- Accessible taxis should be booked in advance. To access the attraction please ask to be dropped off at our front entrance.
Travelling by bike
- We are easily accessible by bicycle
- A bike rack is available for secure storage whilst you are in the centre